Professional Engineer Registration
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION AS A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER
- Ensure that you meet the following qualifications:
- Registered with EBK as a Graduate Engineer;
- Have at least 3years working experience from the date of graduation;
- Have worked under supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Fill in the Application Form; available on our website or at the EBK’s Customer Information Desk.
- Attach the below listed documents:
- Certified copy of Degree Certificate and other relevant academic certificates;
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (ID)/ Passport;
- EBK Graduate Engineer Certificate;
- IEK Membership Certificate or Receipt of application;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) certified by one of the referees;
- Two colored passport photos.
Note: Certification to be done by the Commissioner of Oaths whose names and address are fully displayed on the Rubber Stamp:
- Applicant should deposit KSh. 1,500.00 application fee at EBK’s Bank Account.
Account Name: Engineers Board of Kenya
Account No: 01001031539000
Bank: National Bank. Hill Plaza
- Drop your application together with the Bank Slip at the Customer Information Desk.
- After all the documents are received, the Board will do administrative review of the documents and if there are any deficiencies the Secretariat will advise the applicant accordingly.
- The Board will contact the nominated referees. Upon receiving at least two responses, the application will be forwarded to the chairman of the panel of the respective discipline for technical evaluation.
- The Panel will do a technical evaluation and present their recommendations to the Board for approval of submission of professional interview documents.
- The Board will notify the applicant in writing the approval to sit for the professional interview and forward to them the notes and rules on the conduct of the professional interview.
- The applicant should prepare, submit and sit for his / her professional interview within (1) one year from the date of notification.
- After the applicant has sat for the professional interview the recommendations will be forwarded to the Board for deliberations and ratifications.
- The applicant will be notified in writing of the Board’s recommendations and thereafter a certificate of registration will be issued to successful applicants.