APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION AS A TEMPORARY PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER
Temporary registration is for persons who are not ordinarily residents in Kenya but intend to be present in Kenya in the capacity of a professional engineer for a period not exceeding one (1) year or for the duration of any specific works for which he / she has been engaged to do as per Section 12 of the Engineers Act, 2011.
- Fill in the Application Form; available on our website or at the EBK’s Customer Information Desk.
- Attach the below listed documents:
- Certified copy of Degree Certificate and other relevant academic certificates;
- Certified copy of a valid Passport;
- Certificate of registration as a professional engineer or its equivalent from a registration body in the country of origin and the current registration status;
- Current practicing licence from the country of origin;
- Proof that immediately before entering Kenya he / she has been practicing as a professional engineer and holds a valid practicing licence;
- A letter from the employer from the country of origin certifying that he /she has been practicing engineering before entering Kenya;
- A letter from the employer in Kenya stating what he / she is coming to do and for how long;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly signed on all pages by the applicant;
- Two colored passport photos;
- Email addresses of the university and professional bodies from country of origin.
Note: Certification to be done by the Commissioner of Oaths whose names and address are fully displayed on the Rubber Stamp:
- Applicant should pay USD. 100 or its equivalent in Kenya Shillings application fee at EBK’s Bank Account.
Account Name: Engineers Board of Kenya
Account No: 01001031539000
Bank: National Bank. Hill Plaza
- Drop your application together with the Bank Slip at the Customer Information Desk.
- After all the documents are received, the Board will do administrative review of the documents and if there are any deficiencies the Secretariat will advise the applicant accordingly.
- The Board will contact the employer in Kenya to provide justification on the engagement of the foreign person.
- The application will be presented to the Registration and Technical Affairs Committee for technical evaluation and the applicant may be invited for professional interview if necessary.
- The Committee will present their recommendations to the Board for approval and ratification.
- The applicant will be notified in writing of the Board’s recommendations and thereafter a practicing licence will be issued to successful applicants.