Accredited Checkers Registration
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ACCREDITED CHECKER
- Ensure that you meet the following qualifications:
- Registered with EBK as a Consulting Engineer;
- Must have at least 15 years relevant and proven experience in design and construction management specific to the work to be checked;
- Must satisfy the Board of his/her special knowledge or practical experience by virtue of his/her ability in the profession;
- Fill in the Application Form; available on our website or at the EBK’s Customer Information Desk.
- Attach the below listed documents:
- Certified copy of Degree Certificate and other relevant academic certificates;
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (ID)/ Passport;
- EBK Consulting Engineer Certificate;
- IEK Membership Certificate;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting the 15 years relevant and proven experience in the specialized field certified by one of the referees;
- Two coloured passport photos.
Note: Certification to be done by the Commissioner of Oaths whose names and address are fully displayed on the Rubber Stamp:
- Applicant should deposit KSh. 25,000.00 application fee at EBK’s Bank Account. The
Account Name: Engineers Board of Kenya
Account No: 01001031539000
Bank: National Bank. Hill Plaza
- Drop your application together with the Bank Slip at the Customer Information Desk.
- After all the documents are received, the Board will do administrative review of the documents and if there are any deficiencies the Secretariat will advise the applicant accordingly.
- The Board will contact the nominated referees. Upon receiving at least two responses, the application will be forwarded to the chairman of the panel of the respective discipline for technical evaluation.
- The Panel will carry out a technical evaluation and recommend to the Board approval for registration.
- The Panel may invite an applicant to elaborate or clarify their submissions
- The applicant will be notified in writing of the Board’s decision and thereafter a certificate of registration will be issued to successful applicants.
Note: The registration shall be valid for one year and upon expiry one may apply for renewal in the prescribed form and pay the prescribed fees