Consulting Firm Registration
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF CONSULTING FIRMS
1. An Applicant for a consulting firm shall lodge an application by filling FORM EBK4 ( IN BLOCK LETTERS) available at the EBK’s customer information desk and the website
2. The Application shall be accompanied by the following documents certified by commissioner of oaths:-
- Certified Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association for body corporate
- Certified Copy of Partnership Agreement for partners
- Statutory Declaration for the directors drawn by a commissioner of oaths
- Certified Copy of certificate of incorporation for body corporate
- Certified Copy of Business registration
- Certified Copies of practising licenses of the engineers employed
- Certified Copies of academics and professional certificates
- Signed copies of Curriculum Vitae for the directors
- Certified Copy of PIN certificate
- Certified Copy of VAT certificate
- Certified Copy of valid Tax Compliance certificate
- Copies of ID/Passport
- Passport size photographs
- CR 12- List of Directors/ Shareholders from company registry
- List of Equipment’s
3. For a limited liability company the principal shareholder(s) must be consulting engineer(s) holding either individually or collectively, not less than 51% of the issued shares. Non professional engineers (either natural persons or legal persons) are allowed to hold not more that 25% of the total issued shares.
4. In case of a foreign firm incorporated in Kenya a minimum of 51% shares to be held by Kenyan citizens who shall be consulting engineers. The rest of the engineers, if held by foreign persons, must be registered by respective bodies of their country of origin and also Engineers Board of Kenya as Temporary Engineers. The rest of the details remain the same as per 1 & 2 above.
5. The Applicant shall pay Kshs. 2,000/= as processing fee, Kshs. 30,000/= as registration fee and Kshs. 30,000/= as annual licence fee for local firms. Foreign firms to pay Kshs.500,000/= as application fee and Kshs. 750,000/= as annual licence fee.
6. The Board will approve or reject the application and the applicants will be notified in writing.
7. Payment should be made to :
BANK: NATIONAL BANK OF KENYA
ACCOUNT NO. 01001031539000
ACCOUNT NAME: ENGINEERS BOARD OF KENYA
BRANCH: HILL PLAZA