THE ENGINEERS IDENTIFICATION CARD
The Engineers Rules 2019, Rule No 10 (1), requires the Board to issue engineers with an Identification Card. The need for an identification card arose from the realization that there was no mechanism for engineers to easily identify themselves to the public or relevant authorities especially when providing services outside an office environment.
EBK Identification Card
Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) has therefore partnered with the National Bank of Kenya (NBK) to generate Smart Cards (Visa Cards) which are customized to suit the requirements of the Board but also to offer additional conveniences to engineers.
Benefit of EBK Identification Card
- The smart card will be your identification card as provided for in the Engineers Rules. This will help to easily weed out persons not licensed to practice as engineers. The public will be sensitized on this important identification document.
- Security – The partnership with NBK Visa Centre on the issuance of the Identification Card provides a secure identification system that is not easily replicated by unscrupulous persons.
- The Identification Card will enable engineers to conveniently carry out financial transactions such as payments for Board activities.
- The Identification Card will make it easier for you to access the Boards services, eg You will be able to avoid long queues at registration desks during the Board activities by simply swiping or scanning your card.
- The VISA – EBK cobranded card can be quickly cancelled and replaced.
- The Identification Card will offer you the control to manage and budget on expenses
- Convenience and ease of use.
- Simplified application and immediate issuance.
- The Card will be configured to be scalable and compatible with all the Board’s systems.
Sample Identification Card
Click here to Apply