REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY REGISTRATION (FOREIGN ENGINEERS)
Find here below the requirements which have to be met by those Engineers who are not ordinarily residents in Kenya but intend to be present in Kenya in the capacity of a Registered Engineer for a period not exceeding one year or for the duration of any specific work for which he/she has been engaged as per Section 23 of the Engineers Act 2011 and Rule 6 of the Engineers Rules 2019.
- Academic Qualification Documents e.g. degrees etc.
- Certificate of Registration from a registration body in the country of origin with a letter from that body indicating the category of Registration and the current registration status.
- Current practicing licence from the country of origin.
- A letter from the employer in the country of origin certifying that he/she has been practicing Engineering before entering Kenya.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed on all the pages.
- A letter from Employer in Kenya stating what he/she is coming to do and for how long.
- A copy of contract showing duration of the project.
- They should also submit to the Board contact address,
Telephone Nos. Faxes and E-mails of the following:-
- Institutions where they graduated from.
- Their Engineering Registration body.
- Their Employer before entering Kenya.
- Application Fees – Kshs. 150,000/=
- Annual Licence Fee – Kshs. 150,000/=